Ha! For this shooting I went out into the wild! I was attacked by beasts (okay it was just my aunt’s dog and she kinda was more scared of me than I was of her) and got dirt all over me. I think it was nice to go out and make some photos, it’s just hard to find some green spots, without having a car and drive for miles where I live.
I just don’t understand why I always forget to smile, well, you cannot have everything.
I combined two things I like in this outfit pieces related to Marilyn Monroe and nearly all clothes of Maison Scotch that I posses. Sadly, Maison Scotch is a high priced label and I haven’t many clothes by Maison Scotch but I had to have this “Dear Marilyn” top.
I’ve watched some documentaries about Marilyn over the years, most of them dealt with her surprising death in 1962. I had no special interest in her until she starred in one of my favorite movies, ‘Some like it hot’ by Billy Wilder. Marilyn is acting alongside Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon, the film features two of her world-famous songs: ‘I wanna be loved by you’ and ‘I’m through with love’. Marilyn was not the best actress in the world but her naivety and sweetness is a great and wonderful part of the movie.
Of course I cannot compete with Marilyn but I really like my outfit.
Here are some more shots:
Clothes I’m wearing:
- ‘Dear Marilyn’ Top by Maison Scotch
- ‘Blue Tie Dyed’ Jeans by Maison Scotch
- Vintage Denim Jacket by Diesel
- Red leather Boots by Buffalo London
- A small pocket watch worn as necklace with an image of Marilyn Monroe
- A necklace by Accessorize
- A leather bag by Amused By Ameko
- Aviator Large Metal II Sunglasses in ‘Green Classic’ by Ray Ban
- Sublime de Chanel waterproof mascara by Chanel
- Rouge Dior lipstick in ‘Rouge Blossom’
- Diorific Vernis in ‘775 Royale’ by Dior
Thanks so much!