1. American fashion designer Marc Jacobs (April, 1963 – New York) is the head designer for Marc Jacobs, as well as Marc by Marc Jacobs. I absolutely love his amazing campaigns and the pictures of each campaign are to die for, besides the clothes of course.
2. He was the creative director of Louis Vuitton from 1997 to 2013. Incredible responsibility and achievement, he’s indeed a talented designer and we’ll continue to see more amazing designs by him for years to come.
3. Marc Jacobs was born to a non-observant Jewish family. He started taking interest in fashion at a young age, and at 15 Jacobs worked as a stockboy at Charivari, a clothing boutique in NYC.
4. He attended the High School of Art and Design and studied at the Parsons School of Design, where he won the Design Student of the Year Award in 1984. He also won an award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 1991. Not bad huh?
5. Marc Jacobs, was one of the first fashion designers to come up with a “Street wise aesthetic”, mixing preppie, grunge and couture styles. That’s why I love his work so much!
Visit Culture Art Media for more interesting news!
Like Culture Art Media I also love Marc Jacobs and I’m proud I have studied Design just like him (That’s the only thing we have in common because for me it went downhill since then…) Nevertheless, I love his style, I love the exaggeration and craziness of his fashion. The combination of two styles that seem to have nothing in common and still work perfectly together. It’s sublime couture with an overdose of street style. I can’t wait to see more from him. 🙂